Welcome to the website for the Golden Lakes Community Development District!
We are providing this website so that we may better enhance our services to the community. Please contact us and let us know how we may better serve you.
Included on this website are a variety of resources designed to provide information and allow you an opportunity to communicate with us. If you are new to CDDs, we invite you to visit What is a CDD and F.A.Q. first, and then peruse through the rest of the website at your convenience.
district resolution prohibiting recreational use of ponds
The district board of supervisors has adopted Resolution 2017-10, prohibiting the recreational use of district ponds and providing trespass enforcement authority.
FEMA FloodPlain Maps
Over the past several years, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has been issuing updated floodplain maps for most of Florida, including Polk County. These updated flood plain maps indicate that numerous parcels within Eaglebrooke are impacted by the revised flood elevations. Property owners who refinance their homes or attempt to pull a building permit for improvements may be directed to obtain flood insurance for their homes. Flood insurance is expensive and may not be necessary in many cases because the mapping performed by FEMA was based on older topographic data. If you are advised by the County or your mortgage company that your property is in a floodplain, it is recommended that you contact a local engineering or surveying firm and request that they provide you with an elevation certificate for your property. This elevation certificate documents the finished floor elevation of your home and compares it to the 100-year flood elevation specified for that location on the updated FEMA maps. The cost of obtaining these certificates vary but in most cases should not exceed $500.
Posted: March 9, 2017
Consideration of the acquisition of the Club at Eaglebrooke
Below is information (in printable format) related to the possible acquisition of the Club at Eaglebrooke and related amenities by the District.
- July 25, 2016 (letter, introduction to the process)
- October 4, 2016 (letter explaining process and FAQ)
- Acquisition Feasibility Study from NGF Consulting
- Series 2017 assessment summary
- Property Condition Report from Terracon
- Appraisal Report (appraisal dated January 4, 2017)
- January 5, 2017 (letter regarding ballots and FAQ)
- Audit for The Club at Eaglebrooke (audited financial statements from McDonald Golf Enterprises)
- Updates and Information on Advisory Panel (letter dated February 1, 2017)
- Billy Casper presentation and management plan (presentation provided at June 8, 2017, meeting)
- Billy Casper Update (July 18, 2017)
- NEW: Eaglebrooke Membership Benefits (posted August 7, 2017)
- NEW: Eaglebrook Rates (posted August 7, 2017)
- Billy Casper Update (November 16, 2017)
Meetings for Fiscal Year 2019
The Board of Supervisors of the Golden Lakes Community Development District will hold workshops and regular meetings for Fiscal Year 2019 at the Club at Eaglebrooke, 1300 Eaglebrooke Boulevard, Lakeland, Florida on the first Tuesday of the following months, unless otherwise noted, as follows:
Workshops will commence at 5:30 p.m. followed by regular meetings at 6:00 p.m.
- September 13, 2018 (special meeting @ 10 am)
- November 20, 2018 (third Tuesday)
- January 8, 2019
- March 5, 2019
- June 4, 2019
- August 6, 2019